Community Health Webinar: Bike Safety and Preventing Injury
Sep 30, 2021 5:30 PM
With bicycle use becoming more popular, and with schools back in session, bicycle safety has never been more important. Bicycle crashes are among the top causes of injury seen in the Emergency and Trauma Department at MarinHealth Medical Center and other hospitals. Bicyclists and motorists both play a role in preventing crashes and injuries.
To watch the video of this webinar, click HERE
In this presentation, our speakers will discuss:
- Smart and safe habits for bicyclists and motorists
- Bicycle-related pediatric and adult injuries
- Safety equipment: Helmets, lights, and other protective clothing and gear
- Adults modeling safety behavior for children
- Increasing popularity of e-bikes and related hazards
- Dealing with angry and aggressive drivers
- Safe off-road riding
- Myths and truths about bicycle safety
We’ll also have time for Q&A at the end of the presentation.
This webinar is dedicated to the memory of Deb Hubsmith and Cindy Winter.