As part of our mission to support the health care needs of the community, Marin Healthcare District (MHD) has developed a program to help ensure your safety in the event of an earthquake or other disaster.
We are collaborating with Get Ready Marin, a local organization offering educational programs and materials focused on disaster preparedness. Together, we encourage you to:
- Visit our Get Ready Marin booths at 2012 community events:
- Farmer’s markets in Corte Madera, Larkspur Landing, and San Rafael (year-round)
- Home & Garden Expo (June 2–3 in San Rafael)
- Marin County Fair (June 30 – July 4 in San Rafael)
- Make sure you have the materials on the Emergency Disaster Supply Checklists , so you’re stocked up on essential supplies—at home, in your car, and at the office.
- Participate in Get Ready training through courses offered online or in person through Marin County Fire Departments. The course takes about two hours to complete and provides you with the basic skills needed to survive a disaster.
We encourage you to share this information with your family, friends, and neighbors to make sure they’re prepared if disaster strikes.